BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 19, 2009

So my diet hit that snag..

I've been doing pretty good. I've avoided the two things I love to eat more than anything (stop thinking nasty). Kettle Chips and Hot wings. I've given them up cold turkey and I've dropped 19lbs in about 6 weeks. I haven't been avoiding things as so much as I've been watching what I eat, portion sizes and trying to keep my caloric intact under 2000. It's been pretty easy. UNTIL TODAY.

So I took off yesterday and did some fishing. Got my fish on and didn't do my usual 3-4 beers and a double bacon cheeseburger while on the boat. Instead I had water and a patty melt. I was cool. I got up this morning and ate my Kashi cereal, had my banana and drank two glasses of water. By 8am I'm usually hungry again and I eat some fruit. But not today.

At 8am Angela walks in the office with 2 boxes of Krispy Kremes. Shut must have been driving by when the red light went on cause these things were still warm. I happen to be walking in right as she put them down on the table. I could feel the warmth generating out of the box. It was a cozy warmth. That kid you get around Christmas Eve as a kid when you know tomorrow is gonna be the Shit.

So I side eye the box and keep it moving. Now the ladies in the office don't know that I'm on a diet but can tell I've been dropping the weight. About 5 minutes pass and one of the other ladies sends out the email thanking Angela for the donuts . Then it happens. Someone opens the box and the smell envelopes the room like marijuana does. That type that makes you lift your head up like a groundhog.

I finally cracked. I couldn't take it no more. I bust out of my cubicle like I heard my car alarm going off. Damn near knocked over one of the little ladies in the office who was standing in my way. I grabbed two donuts and polished off one before I got back to my seat. Knocked back the second and was like man I got to get out of here. They melted in my mouth like cotton candy and I knew it was trouble.

I tell the boss, that I was going to go do some work at one of the other schools in our district. I was hoping someone was finish those boxes before I get back. I walked into the next office, say hello to the secretaries and exchange pleasantries. What I had to work on was a server in their data closet. I walk through the door and into the lounge where the closet is and BAM!. Two boxes of Krispy Kremes. Seems someone at this office had the same idea as Angela. I turned around, told the ladies I had forgotten something at the office and I would be back.

Its only 10:15 and I'm scared to go anywhere. I might just go home sick today. These damn donuts are following me. They just be calling me and calling me.......

1 comments:

N.I.K.E. said...

I Feel You Bruh. Them Little Debbie Honey Buns Be Calling To Me. Literally.