BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 27, 2009

If it looks like a duck

I'm a pretty honest person. Sometime too honest at the expense of others. But damnit if I don't tell people up front who I am. If I tell you don't disrespect my time or there will be consequences then guess what's going to happen if you do it?

Is it to much to ask from people to be courteous or respectful? I mean damn, you let someone slide once and give them a warning and they think you are either soft or don't mean what you say. So who's fault is it when they try the same shit again and get my pimp hand? Is it mine for allowing them to get away with it the first time? Or is it theirs for not taking me at my word?

In any case here's the situation.

Baby girl is on her way to my spot. She shows up 1 hour and 20 minutes late. I don't trip cause I'm actually preoccupied but I let her know it's not cool and I won't stand for it again. I let her know that next time she might show up and the door won't open for her.

Fast forward a week. Baby girl calls me and lets me know she will be at my spot at 7:30. I'm like ok. 7:55 rolls around and I haven't heard from ol girl all day. So I pick up the phone, call and she is like Uh hello... I'm like uh where are you? I can hear in her voice that she is not wanting to answer. She says I'm on the freeway. I ask where and she gives me a landmark 25min out. I'm like "Oh you might as well turn around, I've told you about playing with my time"

Now it's not like this chick doesn't know me. She has heard the stories, read the blogs etc etc.. She knows how I get down, so why try me? Did she think she was immune? Did she think she was better than the rest and I would bend my code for her?

Well the answer was and always will be. HELL NO.

Pimpin is an action not a position~ Tariq Nasheed

2 comments:

Mocha1 said...

It's all about boundaries. I hate it when ppl are late, too. And I'm not talking about 10-15 minutes late. I'm talking like an hour or more. One time I was supposed to meet my habitually late ex-boyfriend at a restaurant. I was running late myself because I got lost but I was still there within 15 minutes of our meeting time. Plus, I called and texted him to let him know but he was no where to be found. Anyway, I waited 30 minutes, 45 minutes after we were supposed to meet. I left. He called me once he finally arrived and couldn't believe I did that. He had the nerve to be pissed at me! I've even had a guy show up at my door late and I greeted him and politely sent him on his way back home.

SOULBRUTHA said...

That's the best. Send them packing. They be at the door like for real? you not gonna let me in? FOR REAL? I'm like yea, FOE REAL. BOUNCE, and don't step on the grass on your way out thanks. Drive safe.