BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Help me.. HELP ME!

So here I am once again trying to change my way and people still insist on pissing me off. I thought I had been doing very well considering. I haven't cursed out any baby mammas lately. I haven't slapped the taste out of any random people that might have crossed me. I thought '09 would be different. I was wrong.

So I've decided to use this whole blog thing as therapy. Why pay big bucks for some idiot with a degree to tell me what you kind people can tell me for free? So here we are, barely two weeks into this year of CHANGE and my inner '08 is coming back out.

So I bought a gift for a friend of mine for Xmas. It wasn't anything spectacular or very expensive but I picked it out and bought it nonetheless. I had it wrapped and I gave it to her about a week before Christmas. She was very excited and couldn't wait to open it. I insisted that she wait for Xmas and left it at that. So Xmas comes and goes, I get a thank you phone call etc etc. Now maybe it's just me but if someone gave me a give for Xmas I would feel bad if I didn't return the gesture. But then again that is just me. I also picked up some small gifts for her two kids, once again nothing expensive but I'm that its that thought that counts dude. I understand that it's hard times and all that, so not giving me a gift is one thing but a card for the house or something right? Moving on...

So I talk to said friend and I say, hey bring over that gift let me check it out. She is like ok, I'll see you later. So she shows up at my house with this look. I'm in the middle of fixing a computer so I'm not really paying to much attention. So she says you are going to be upset. Pulls out the gift and it's broken. I'm like WTF is up with that. She goes on and on about she doesn't know how it happened etc. Mind you, the gifts that I got her kids were broken Xmas day. So I'm like damn I see where your kids got that.

Now normally I'm like what you do with your stuff is your business. But as I was fixing the computer I started to get more and more upset about the whole thing. I'm playing the scenario in my head and I'm like I wouldn't have shown up with the item broken. I would have either lied and said I forgot it, or I would have stopped and replaced it before I got there. If someone bought me something I would do any and everything I could to at least show them the item in full working condition when they asked about it. She had this attitude like oh well. I was like; Ok well lets take it back and get it replaced, it hasn't even been 30 days. She didn't want to do it. She said, "They won't replace it" and was like oh well.

So now I'm really pissed. So not only did you break it in a matter of a few weeks, you don't even care enough to attempt to have it repaired or replaced. Now anyone who knows me, knows that once I hit the red with someone i can be not so nice. But I'm trying yall. I'm trying very hard to change my ways in '09. I don't want to go down the same paths that I traveled on before. It's '09 and damnit I am going to CHANGE.

Well maybe I'll change starting today. Cause last night that bitch had to go~

---Just a squirrel and right now I don't even want one.....

4 comments:

ConventionalDee said...

Do we need to get you some new stallions for your stable? Cause that's not pimpin, pimpin! LOL

SOULBRUTHA said...

You know how I do. :P

Ms.Brown said...

Okay Brown, or should I call you Hulk? Once again you have made some very valid points. Part of the problem seems to be that you are learning what I already knew, being single is not easy. The family reunion, destructo girl, and who knows what's next. Everyone was not raised with the same values that you were raised with which explains her nonchalant attitude about the broken gifts AND her failure to reciprocate. Anything would have been nice...a thank you card, gift card to bass pro, best buy, even a homemade gift basket to let you know that your gesture was appreciated. Chalk it up and send that one on to someone elses pasture...

Ms.Brown said...

ps-raggedy...