BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Bucket List.....




Ok, so I'm sitting here watching the movie the "Bucket List" (OUTSTANDING MOVIE) and talking to my girl Shawna and she said I needed to write out my very own Bucket list. So here we go.


1. Go to a Jook Joint. I'm talking about one of those back woods, hiking through tall weeds, moonshine serving, one-eyed blues singer, everyone sweating cause no AC, friend food serving, big old woman in the kitchen jook joints. Being a city boy I have always wanted to go so here it is.

2. Running with the bulls. Now this is one that I would have to do fairly soon because I'm not getting any younger. I want to start in the back and God help you if you are in front of me. It's going to be all over the news. Black man topples over people many injured as he went Inner City and tripped, tackled, pushed and pulled people to get out of the way.

3. Fishing in Alaska. I'm a big time fisherman and I need to hook up to one of those giant Halibut or Salmon. Nothing like fighting a big fish and winning.

4. Visit all the "wonders" of the world. I've been to several but would love to go to the Pyramids in Egypt.

5. Carnival in Brazil - Nuff Said

6. Throw down 1k on one hand of blackjack in Vegas. I don't like to lose and I think it would drain me so much to see that much on one hand. Not sure I could even do it as I'm waaaay to cheap.

7. Visit the volcanos of costa rica. Supposedly one of the coolest things to see, are the mini eruptions at night.

8. Take my grandfather fishing in Mexico. I'm actually working on this one. He loves fishing more than anyone that I know. I'd love to see him bring up a big tuna.

9. Learn to Kayak.

10. Watch my son play football for USC. This is the hardest one to do on the list, but damnit that's the goal. I'd settle for any D-1 school but I would be so content with life to see him at USC.

Anyway, my list isn't that wild is it? I think I really am getting old.

This is just an old squirrel and I'm putting my nuts away for a long long winter.

7 comments:

ConventionalDee said...

LMAO! Overall a solid list. I'm sorry, but running with the bulls? Are you sure you're black?

SOULBRUTHA said...

Oh yes and anyone who would be stupid enough to be in arms reach will know it too.

Anonymous said...

I sense a theme here. Are you having a quarter-life crisis?

The Incomparable Bozack Jenkins™ said...

I approve, homie.. me and my homegirl flipped this into "The Dirty 30".. basically a list of shit we wanna do before the big 3-0..

Anonymous said...

this is Anitra, BTW.

Ms.Brown said...

Admirable things to do, all sounding good. Instead of hitting the woods for #1 try Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale, MS (rumored to be the birthplace of the blues). ps-miss me w/the "old squirrel" bs you have done and seen so much in your young life with much more to see and do.

SOULBRUTHA said...

Hey, I have seen and done a lot but I want to see it all. Hell I also want to slap the sh*t out of some people too but didn't want to put that on the list for fear of them reading it and knowing when it was coming~