BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Karma is a bitch

So my mother put a curse on me 11 years ago. She told me that my kids are going to be just like me when I was growing up. HAHA it's funny, we laugh it off blah blah blah.

So today I call my daughter to let her know that I'm on my way to pick her up. Her mom answers and tells me she will let her know and tell her to get in the shower. It's 1:30 pm. I'm like damn, what yall been doing all day. Of course my lazy 11 year old just woke up like 30 min ago. So I get there, make small talk with her mother. She comes down and I go through my normal routine. Do you have any homework? NO. Is your room clean? Yes. So I ask her about her math grade (we get emails every friday with all her grades. THANK GOD that wasn't around when I was in school).

She starts on the excuses. So it comes out she has a report due monday. She has had the report for about a month and hasn't started. I suddenly start hearing my mom's voice in my head. You daughter is just like you.

DAMNIT!

I gotta go. Kid needs the computer again to look up some stuff.

8 comments:

ConventionalDee said...

Yes, your kids are just like you (both of 'em), and mine is just like me. I'm scared, yet I'm relieved I don't have a girl.

SOULBRUTHA said...

Have no fear, she is still working on this damn report and it's midnight.

SOULBRUTHA said...

Still going.... I let her go to bed at 1am last night but it's 9 and it's time for her butt to get back on it.

ConventionalDee said...

That's crazy. So what was she going to if you hadn't called her out on it? Not do it? Tell my niece she can't be doin all them fass-ass dances and not get her school work done. I feel a boring-ass Auntie lecture coming on. And she hates those! LOL

SOULBRUTHA said...

LOL. She just finished

Ms.Brown said...

God has a sense of humor which is why our children tend to turn out just like us (WATCH OUT) and drive us crazy as our parents sit back and laugh! I'm going to need to add you to my prayer list because you are in trouble on both sides of that fence!

Ms.Brown said...

ps- you may want to check her out right when the bell rings at the end of the day to make sure no boys are waiting 4 her outside school, I've also heard that the library can be a hideaway at that age ;o)

SOULBRUTHA said...

Don't you put no curse on me.