BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 12, 2009

No Home Training

So here I am thinking '09 would be the year of CHANGE. We have our first Black President, we are fighting to turn the economy around, gas prices are down and everybody that I know has a job. Things are looking up. So anyway, my birthday falls on a Thursday this month and I'm looking forward to putting another candle on the cake. The Super Bowl is the same weekend as my birthday so what sounds better than throwing a Super Bowl / Birthday bash? Sounds like something that's fun right? Hell yea, shit yea it does....

So I talk one of my co-workers into throwing this soiree at his place. I get the nod from Alberto and proceed to send out the invitations via EVITE. I add this person and that person and before you know it the guest list sits at 74 people. I let Alberto know and he says make sure you put down $10 at the door so we can cater this event. I'm like cool and we take off for the night.

All night I'm getting responses and everything is going according to plan. I had invited co-workers, friends that were local and some from as far as Los Angeles and San Diego. You know, my boys. They are always down to party and have a good time. I check the list before I head to bed and most people have viewed the evite and the RSVPs are flowing.

I wake up every day around 6am. I check my email, watch Billy Blanks doing Tae Bo while I eat a bowl of cereal. I check my mail and find some RSVPs from names I don't recognize. I log on to the evite site and low and behold my guest list of 75 is now 105. I'm like WTF is this. I look and I've got 30 peeps whom I don't know on my list. I check on their links and they were all invited by one person. Now here is the thing....

How in the hell are you going to invite 30 people to a party that someone invited you to? What part of I'm having a little party for the superbowl meant hey if you aren't busy why don't you have your family reunion at my party. What makes people do this type of thing? Just when I think it's ok to start dealing with (excuse my French) niggas, you pull me back into '08. 30 people to a party and a house you have never been to and you don't even know the host? For real, who does that?

I shoot the girl a text asking had she lost her mind or was she just stupid. She replies, my apologies it won't happen again. It won't happen again? Your apologies? Like your kid just threw his ball in my yard? You mean, like you just bumped your basket into the back of my legs at walmart? No you mean, like you just called the wrong number? See this is the type of thing that get people in trouble. You open up your home to friends / family and some fool brings over the wrong element and stuff gets out of hand.

I need someone to help me understand why you would do such a thing. I mean, I know people don't like to travel solo. So you bring a road dog, maybe two, three on a rare occassion. I would call ahead and ask if I could bring more than one person with me anywhere. He so and so is it ok, I've got my boys with me, should I bring anything extra? But 30 people? Come on! Somebody, anybody tell me how this happens?

I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut.... Help a brother understand.............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi-larious - I cant help you with that , but that shit sure is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ms.Brown said...

My family reunion, oops I mean birthday is coming can I evite a few (40 or 50) friends to your spot? ;0)